Our Core Beliefs
At Wycliffe Associates, God’s Word is central to everything we do. Our Core Beliefs are drawn from the teachings of the Holy Bible. In that spirit, we adhere to the following truths:
- The divine inspiration and consequent authority of the whole canonical Scriptures.
- The doctrine of the Trinity.
- The fall of man, his consequent moral depravity, and his need for regeneration.
- The atonement through the substitutionary death of Christ.
- The doctrine of justification by faith.
- The resurrection of the body, in the case of the just and the unjust.
- The eternal life of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost.
Involving people in the advancement of Bible translation.
A Bible in every language by 2025.
Our Commitment To You
Wycliffe Associates commits:
- To maximize every dollar contributed to Wycliffe Associates for the most accurate and effective Bible translation work possible.
- To pray for all those engaged in Bible translation around the world—it is challenging work and the task is daunting.
- To support only Bible translations that use accurate and literal common language terms for “Father” and “Son” when referring to God and Jesus Christ.
- To diligently monitor and verify the accuracy of Bible translation in every Wycliffe Associates project.
The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
This seal reassures you of our best efforts to be good stewards of your financial gifts to Wycliffe Associates and the ministry of Bible translation. Our financial affairs are open to outside review, and complete audited financial statements are available upon request. We pledge to use funds for the purpose for which they were given and always to be fully truthful in our requests for contributions.
The Evangelical Press Association (EPA)
Membership in this organization reflects our commitment to quality Christian journalism. The EPA encourages high ethical and technical standards, offers practical support, and provides opportunities for Christian fellowship among its members.