Last updated: 05/24/2018
You are free to explore our websites without providing any personal information about yourself. When you visit our websites, subscribe to communications, or make a donation, we request that you provide personal information about yourself, and we collect navigational information.
Wycliffe Associates collects the following information through our website:
- Information that you provide to us through online forms, which may include your name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as information related to your involvement in Wycliffe Associates ministries.
- Navigational information about access to our site, which helps us make our site more useful to visitors. This includes the name of the domain (for example, aol.com) or IP address from which you access the Internet, geographical location, browser type, referral source, the time you access our site, length of visit, pages viewed, and the address of the website from which you linked to our site.
- Information that you provide to us when making an online donation.
- When you use our services or view content provided by us, we automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, clickstream data, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used by Wycliffe Associates for the operation and quality of our services to you, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Wycliffe Associates Website. For these purposes, we do link this automatically-collected data to personal information such as name, email address, address, and phone number
Wycliffe Associates never sells your personal information to any third party. Wycliffe Associates occasionally shares information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and communications.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing our websites and our services to you;
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our organization;
- Promote use of our services to you and share promotional and informational content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- Meet legal requirements.
Wycliffe Associates sends the following types of emails:
- eInvolved is a monthly newsletter that features project updates and devotions from our blog.
- Prayer Watch is a monthly email that shares with you the most critical prayer needs of our team and partners of national translators and local churches doing the work of Bible translation. We sometimes send additional alerts when an urgent prayer need arises.
- Opportunities is a twice monthly email that provides new opportunities to apply your skills and experience to the support of Bible translation in volunteer and paid positions.
- We also periodically send news of financial needs to accelerate Bible translation by supporting translators in crisis, churches struck by natural disaster, projects stalled by equipment shortage, and similar situations.
Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to other websites. Please note: When you click on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
Wycliffe Associates is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Wycliffe Associates uses Internet Encryption Software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information or ACH information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, and then de-encrypted at our server. Once we receive your credit card or ACH information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted Wycliffe Associates employees who have been specially trained in processing this information.
Many websites place cookies on your hard drive. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Your browser can refuse all cookies, or show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended. For more information about cookies, please visit: https://wycliffeassociates.org/privacy-policy/cookie-policy
Children’s Online Privacy
We are concerned about the privacy of young children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13. We encourage you to become involved with your child’s access to the Internet and to our site in order to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected.
To read more about online safety and how to become more involved with your child’s online experience, visit the Federal Trade Commission website. You may also benefit from the information and resources available on ProtectKids.com.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor/subscriber located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Wycliffe Associates is the data controller of your personal information. We do not solicit or accept donations from people located in the EEA, nor do we target our information to or seek visitors/subscribers from the EEA.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which you provide it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us an email at [email protected] or postal mail to Wycliffe Associates, P.O. Box 620143, Orlando, FL 32862 USA, Attention: Privacy. Donors cannot opt out of receiving transactional communication related to their account with us.
Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 620143
Orlando, FL 32862