Because the use of the English language is so predominant in the world of Bible translation, Wycliffe Associates has developed our English Language Learning (ELL) program. This program teaches English to national translators and other support staff so they can:
- Improve communications with other translators
- Have access to more Bible and commentary resources
- Check their translations for accuracy
- Better understand finances
- Better support other individuals or organizations with whom they connect during the translation process
Wycliffe Associates offers country-specific programs to our ELL teachers, and usually this training is done on a short-term mission trip. If you or someone you know would be interested in helping accelerate Bible translation by serving as an ELL instructor, click here to find out about our current opportunities.