Application Developer - 4010
The ideal candidate wants to work in a fast-paced, results oriented organization, where focus on providing solid solutions is a must. Responsible for agile application development within a team context. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing customer needs, developing solutions, and implementing developed solutions. Position is equally responsible for internal business systems and external field translation tools and systems.
Who you are: You are an experienced developer who likes to learn. You know how to work within a team of developers. You appreciate the challenge of integrating what you know with new products and frameworks. You don’t accept “it can’t be done.” You want working software that is elegant, flexible, extensible, and secure. You take ownership of projects and are proud to sign your name at completion. You have a portfolio of applications to demonstrate what you’ve created.
Who we are: A group of twelve developers and infrastructure techs, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization at http://www.wycliffeassociates.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
The job you’ll do: First, you’ll be a developer. You’ll be supporting business systems and building software tools for Bible Translation. Your work will be used globally. You’ll jump into a fast-moving river of existing projects, plus have the space to help create new tools and systems for Bible translators. You’ll be responsible to understand projects at a high-level, then roll up your sleeves and write amazing code. You and your teammates will create solutions so the rest of the organization can focus on raising money, raising volunteers, equipping the nations to translate the Bible, and saving the world. You’ll propel the Bible toward universal availability.
What we’ll do for you: We’ll give you a place where you can build things the way you’ve always wanted to, and make a difference in the process. We’ll give you opportunities to grow, stretch, flex, and learn. Our benefits include:
- Paid education and training
- Paid certification attempts (whether you pass or fail)
- Two weeks paid vacation (to start), plus a bunch of paid holidays
- Health Insurance for you and your family
- One Paid conference per year
To apply, email these four things to Craig Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- The coolest software you built in the last six months and how it made a difference
- Your favorite software framework and why you favor it
- A link to your portfolio
- Something God’s taught you from scripture in the past few months
Don’t send your resume. These three things are all I need for now. I promise to respond to every email within 72 hours. No waiting and wondering.
Job Title: Application Developer
Location of Job: Orlando, FL
Reporting Relationship: Application Development Director
Peer Relationships: Other Application Developers
Exemption Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The ideal candidate wants to work in a fast-paced, results oriented organization, where focus on providing solid solutions is a must. Responsible for agile application development within a team context. Candidate will be responsible for analyzing customer needs, developing solutions, and implementing developed solutions. Position is equally responsible for internal business systems and external field translation tools and systems.
- In collaboration with Application Development Director, participate in developing solutions to advance Bible Translation.
- Work with internal and external customers/users to identify, understand, and document their needs.
- Work with team members and vendors to design, develop, document and implement custom solutions.
- Contribute creativity and energy to the task of accelerating Bible Translation.
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
- Strong brainstorming and creativity ability. Quickly understand new challenges and respond with possibilities and enthusiasm.
- At least two years experience developing applications
- At least two years experience building mobile responsive web applications using frameworks such as jQuery , Bootstrap, React.JS, and Angular. Strong familiarity with HTML5 and CSS required.
- Experience with .NET development, especially in C#, a plus but not required.
- Experience with Java and Android Development, a plus but not required.
- Experience integrating separate systems via API, for content publishing and exposure, plus bidirectional CRUD operations.
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly learn new systems, skills, languages, and programming environments.
- Experience with linguistics, Bible translation, or other relevant subject areas a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college a requirement. Priority given to applicants with computer science or other related degrees.
- Occasional over-night domestic and international travel required (up to 10%)
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate the work of others.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.
Our organization makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.