IT Systems Administrator
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Location of Job: Orlando, FL – not remote.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Infrastructure and Support
Peers: IT Support Specialist, Lead IT Support Specialist, DevOps Engineer
Position Status: This is a paid position.
Who You Are
First, you’re a committed Christian who wants to use your technical skills to serve the Lord. You naturally possess an “always be learning” mindset. You’ve learned some skills beyond the level of help desk. You have hands-on experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux and Windows servers. You understand basic networking principles and can troubleshoot network issues. You like being given a task that you don’t fully know how to do and figuring it out. While you’re adept at IT infrastructure, you also value interacting with end users and possess the patience to provide excellent support.
Who We Are
Our team is a group of Software Developers, DevOps engineers, Infrastructure Techs, and Support People, working at an aggressively growing non-profit that is helping to make the Bible available to everyone, everywhere. God has blessed us with the resources to pay for high performance team-members. You can learn more about our organization at http://wycliffeassociates.org/. This is the kind of place that rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
Wycliffe Associates is a Christian ministry, and our mission of Bible translation is a special calling. Wycliffe Associates trains Christians all over the world to become Bible translators and we seek to safeguard the integrity of the Scriptures through that process. While specific skills and experience are a major part of this role, what is most important to Wycliffe Associates, and to the Lord, is a person’s heart. The person who fills this role should have a special calling from the Lord for ministry. In this role you will be considered a minister of the gospel. For such a high calling, our lives and values should reflect that pure and holy calling. As we are told in 1 Peter 1: 15-16, But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: Be holy, because I am holy.
The Job You’ll Do
You will work with two teams: Infrastructure and Support. You’ll assist the Director of Infrastructure and Support and DevOps Engineer with Linux and Windows server administration, application deployments, hypervisor management, networking upgrades, and more. You’ll participate in the on-site help desk coverage rotation helping to solve help desk tickets with joy and a servant’s heart. Your job will range from installing and configuring a Linux server application that’s new to you, to installing WiFi antennas outside to occasionally resolving an end user’s desktop support request.
What We’ll Do For You
We’ll give you a place where you can amaze your teammates with what can be done, and make a global difference in the process. We’ll give you appropriate training and educational opportunities. We’ll enable you to enjoy helping people grow. You’ll be part of a team that values hard work. Our benefits include:
- Paid education and training
- Paid certification attempts (whether you pass or fail)
- Paid time off plus holidays
- Health Insurance for you and your family
- 1 Paid conference per year
Position Description: The Junior Systems Administrator will be part of a customer service oriented infrastructure and support team. They will be focused more on the server & network level of infrastructure but will also assist the help desk from time to time. They will be part of the on site help desk support rotation. Ideal candidates will already have some experience with Linux and Windows servers but expert level knowledge is not required. They should have a hunger to continue learning new things and be open to figuring things out on their own if needed. This position will work on many different technologies as part of a small team where everyone has several responsibilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to our employees and volunteers.
- Assist with Linux server administration
- Assist with Windows server administration
- Assist Infrastructure team with networking projects.
- Work with various business teams on integrating their business processes with our technological offerings.
- Assist the Help Desk team in monitoring and resolving help desk tickets.
- Be part of the on-site coverage rotation. This position will start in the office full time and may potentially transition to a hybrid schedule of on-site and remote. This is subject to change if Wycliffe Associates’ business culture should shift back to in the office instead of hybrid.
- Works on other tasks and projects as required.
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge
- Three years’ experience working in a helpdesk role or systems administration role
- Basic proficiency in Linux and Windows server administration in a mixed virtualized, hardware, and cloud environment.
- Experience with at least one of the following: Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Kubernetes, Portainer, Nginx, Traefik, Postfix or other equivalent Linux based technology
- Experience with at any of the following a plus: Azure, AWS, GCP, Hyper-V, VMWare, or other equivalent cloud or virtualization technology
- Basic competence in Active Directory administration.
- Help Desk work such as user account management, computer provisioning, application installation & troubleshooting, license management, training end users with patience, etc.
- Basic understanding of networking functionality & troubleshooting.
- SharePoint Administration is a plus.
- The ability to have many responsibilities. No big corporate silos here!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Detail oriented, must carefully complete tasks, avoiding mistakes and re-work. Must be independently motivated to perform responsibilities without supervision.
- Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Demonstrates desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in work related spiritual activities without mental reservation.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and live a life in full alignment with our Core Beliefs.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry (perhaps even from reading this job posting) and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with a virtual team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Has reliable transportation and can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.
To apply, please visit: https://bibletechs.org/join/junior-systems-administrator/ or contact Jennifer Cunneen at: [email protected]
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.