Job Title: Finance Generalist
Location of job: Orlando, FL (In the Wycliffe Associates headquarters, not remote.)
Reporting relationship: Controller
Exemption status: Full-time (This is a paid position.)
Wycliffe Associates is a ministry, and our mission of Bible translation is a special calling. Wycliffe Associates trains Christians all over the world to become Bible translators and we seek to safeguard the integrity of the Scriptures through that process. While specific skills and experience are a major part of this role, what is most important to Wycliffe Associates, and to the Lord, is a person’s heart. The person who fills this role should have a special calling from the Lord for ministry. In this role you are considered a minister of the gospel. For such a high calling, our lives and values should reflect that pure and holy calling. As we are told in 1 Peter 1: 15-16, “But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy.”
The Finance Team Generalist has various responsibilities in the Finance Division, performing tasks across multiple departments which include Accounting, Donor Services, and Donor Relations. Job responsibilities include assisting Accounting with various functions that include accounts payable, journal entries, account reconciliations, month-end close process, providing support to users of the expense reimbursement system, budget management system, and financial reporting systems; processing donations received and updating donor records through Donor Services; and providing quality customer service to our contributors and staff through Donor Relations.
1. Managing accounts payable using accounting software and other programs.
2. Analyzing workflow processes, comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges.
3. Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts.
4. Processing due invoices for payments.
5. Payroll Support/Backup.
6. Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors.
7. Assist with processing daily mail and donations through the remittance system and maintain donor records in the Donor Direct system.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. 1-2 years of accounting experience.
3. Operates by utilizing demonstrated organizational, written and verbal skills.
4. Computer literate, possessing a working knowledge of administration and data processing programs, as well as a strong knowledge of Microsoft applications.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Experience with support-based ministries a plus.
7. Ability to work with confidential information, exercising discretion; violation of confidentiality being possible grounds for dismissal.
8. Conflict resolution, negotiation, creative thinking and problem-solving skills. The intellectual ability to handle these difficult tasks must be combined with a personal warmth and evident love of Christ.
Contact Jennifer Cunneen at: [email protected]
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.