Finance Generalist I
Job Title: Finance Generalist I
Reporting Relationship: Finance Manager
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Location of Job: Orlando, FL – not remote.
This is a paid, full-time position.
Wycliffe Associates is a ministry, and our mission of Bible translation is a special calling. Wycliffe Associates trains Christians all over the world to become Bible translators and we seek to safeguard the integrity of the Scriptures through that process. While specific skills and experience are a major part of this role, what is most important to Wycliffe Associates, and to the Lord, is a
person’s heart. The person who fills this role should have a special calling from the Lord for ministry. In this role you are considered a minister of the gospel. For such a high calling, our lives
and values should reflect that pure and holy calling. As we are told in 1 Peter 1: 15-16, “But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy.”
The ideal candidate wants the opportunity to handle a variety of responsibilities throughout each week. They will be assigned tasks to support two departments within the Finance Division. Within the Donor Relations team they will provide quality customer service through calls, letters and e-mails; corresponding with existing and potential ministry partners. For the Donor Services team
they will process donations and make account changes to ministry partner accounts.
1. Serve All Finance departments with various tasks: Accounting, Donor Relations and Donor Services.
2. Respond to existing and potential contributing partner inquiries via mail, phone and/or e-mail.
3. Process inbound donations over the phone, email, in person or mail.
4. Research concerns posed by existing or potential contributing partners.
5. Update and maintain donor records.
6. Assist with accounting tasks/projects as assigned.
7. Maintain an awareness of current WA projects and Marketing initiatives.
8. Other duties as assigned by manager.
Education, prior work experience, and/or special skills and knowledge:
1. Strong communication skills in both oral and written form.
2. Strong computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs.
3. Skilled in administration and data processing.
4. Skilled in organization and time management.
5. Experienced in learning new systems and programs.
6. Experienced in managing a high volume of inbound calls.
7. History of working with customer management software.
8. Skilled in navigating conflict resolution, negotiation, creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
the ability to handle these difficult tasks combined with personal warmth and evident love of Christ.
9. 1 – 2 years of experience as either an Administrative Assistant, Data Processor, Call Center representative or Front Desk Receptionist preferred, but not required.
10. Experience with support-based ministries a plus, but not required.
11. General accounting knowledge a plus, but not required.
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people
3. Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and should possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered
4. Able to maintain a positive and friendly attitude under stress
5. Able to respond with grace and kindness to individuals who are upset and frustrated
6. Exhibits qualities that promote innovation, flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness
7. Naturally gives attention to detail with a strong desire for accuracy in work performance
8. Self-motivated with a desire to collaborate with team members to accomplish daily tasks
9. Ability to work with confidential information, exercising discretion as violation of confidentiality has potential grounds for dismissal
10. Has reliable transportation and can keep commitments
To apply: contact Jennifer Cunneen at [email protected]
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make
employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.