Director of Tech Advancement
Job Title: Director of Tech Advancement
Department: Information Technology
Location of Job: Orlando, FL
Reporting Relationship: Vice President of Information Technology
Peers: Director of Application Development, Director of Infrastructure and Support, Scripture Accessibility Director, and Project Manager
Exemption Status: Exempt
Hours: This role may either be full-time or part time; but will be between 20-35 hours per week
Compensation: This is a salaried position.
Position Summary: The Director of Tech Advance oversees the operations of the Tech Advance and Print on Demand departments, providing direction and leadership to the teams. This position will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled individuals in providing technology solutions and services that accelerate the advancement of Bible translation.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives based on the organization’s strategic initiatives and priorities. These initiatives include MAST, DOT, and all other Bible translation activities offered by WA.
- Oversees technological research and development in providing new tools and services to advance the organization’s strategic initiatives and priorities.
- Oversees departmental planning to achieve goals.
- Oversees reporting for all departments in Tech Advance.
- Oversees the budget preparation for all departments in Tech Advance.
- Oversees departmental operations and ensures that they function with budgetary limits.
- Manages staff, including, supervision, development, and evaluation.
- Promotes an attitude of service.
- Provides reports on departmental performance.
- Works on other tasks and projects as directed by the VP of Information Technology.
Who we are:
Wycliffe Associates is a ministry, and our mission of Bible translation is a special calling. Wycliffe Associates trains Christians all over the world to become Bible translators and we seek to safeguard the integrity of the Scriptures through that process. While specific skills and experience are a major part of this role, what is most important to Wycliffe Associates, and to the Lord, is a person’s heart. The person who fills this role should have a special calling from the Lord for ministry. In this role you are considered a minister of the gospel. For such a high calling, our lives and values should reflect that pure and holy calling. As we are told in 1 Peter 1: 15-16, “But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, for it is written: ‘Be holy, because I am holy.’”
Education, prior work experience, and/or specialized skills and knowledge:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in technology or business administration is desired.
- Experience managing and/or directing staff.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations desirable.
- Ability to manage in a changing environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and lead a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written form.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in budgeting and report writing is desirable.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Should sense a call from God to ministry and have a genuine caring for people.
- Should have personal warmth that invites confidence and possess a personal integrity that never forfeits the trust that is offered.
- Ability to be at ease with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Demonstration of the attitudes of a servant leader.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate the work of others.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual team.
- Has reliable transportation and can keep commitments.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies, improve skills, and adapt to change.
Apply though: https://bibletechs.org/join/tech-advancement-director/
or, email: [email protected]
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.